Your caterer takes care of one of the most important aspects of your wedding. He/she will provide a delicious menu, bring in the serving staff and plan all the kitchen logistics. Does he/she also take care of (the icing on) the wedding cake? Can he/she provide the most beautiful tables and chairs? Are you convinced after you tune in? Then it's a perfect match.
Photo (top): Catering: Biorganic - Photographer: Hyacinthe Arthurs
Word of mouth
Are you attracted to a caterer, but don't know them yet? Don't be afraid to ask for a reference. Happy couples are a caterer's calling card; they will be happy to pass on their names. How did the other couples like working with your caterer?
Also interesting to know:
- Has your caterer worked with your wedding venue before?
- What is their maximum capacity in terms of number of guests?
- How far in advance do you need to know the final number of guests?
Photo: Location: Le Sanglier des Ardennes - Catering: Catering by Wout Bru - Photographer: Sam De Backer Photography
High tea, snack party, dessert buffet, classic dinner, walking dinner or barbecue? Whatever you choose, work with a caterer who has experience in your type of cuisine if you want culinary fireworks.
- Can your caterer also provide the wedding cake? Is your Pinterest-worthy cake achievable?
- Can you plan a tasting session, to taste the menu in advance?
- How will you deal with possible vegetarian guests at the party, pregnant ladies or people with allergies?
Discuss your wishes in advance, and which formula or approach your budget can handle. An experienced caterer usually has a few things up his sleeve - based on your priorities, he will certainly be able to come up with a suitable proposal. Does your caterer work with certain price formulas? Are logistics and staff included in the price?
Discuss this too:
- Does your caterer require an advance payment?
- Will you be paying extra for broken or missing glasses, plates or silverware?
- Are the prices inclusive or exclusive of VAT?
- Can the room staff dress according to your theme? (For example: with braces, black tie, with a bow tie).
Photograph: Catering: Foodsie - Photographer: Hans E. Cora